U follow me?

choose your language

Thursday 29 January 2009

Sheena's short escapade frm the horrors of it all...

News on the war and all the terrible things happening around us is just too scary. I have now chosen to ignore any forms of news. It’s just too depressing, really. It’s not that I want to actually fully ignore it; I just don’t know what to do, how to help or how to make a difference. I’m angry. I’m sad. So this sadness and anger had made me retrieve into my own world of make-believe fiction. I read. Yes, in times like this, I read.

Its weird though, as I try to run away from the haunting news about war and hunger and abuse and poverty and all other nonsensical things, the book I chose to read or as u can call it “my escape”, is about all that.

Title: goodnight, beautiful

Author: Dorothy Koomson

This really good book is all about family, love, friendship, loyalty, lust and betrayal. I wept as I turned the pages; I finished the book in a day. Incredible. The next one I started on after was on the subjects of family, abandonment, abuse and betrayal.


Title: Mummy’s Little Girl
Author: Jane Elliott

A little girl who’s abandoned at birth, abused and forced into child-prostitution. I didn’t cry though many I know would. I just couldn’t. I don’t know why. But tears did well up and my heart twitched a little… You have a go at it and you tell me. Yeah, i think of this little girl alot when i hear the song; Love for a child by Jason Mraz.


xoxo

sheena the lola


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails